Friday, September 23, 2011
Pinewood Derby
Kalun is the cub scout master and I am the bear leader right now. I never had any idea how busy scouts is, probably because we don't have a scout yet. We successfully survived the pinewood derby this week. Kalun put so much work into it, but it went so well and we got lots of compliments on all the little details. I wish I had taken more pictures of that night and the way we set it up and decorated. Kalun and I made these trophies...aren't they beauties?? Then Kalun scowered the internet and I asked all around and here are some of the other ideas we stole....First we made Pit passes/drivers licences. All the boys got there and checked in with me where they had to take a driver's test (a cute test Kalun found online about the rules of the pinewood derby). Then they would hand in their test and they would have to "pass" the eye exam and then we would give them their license. We had flags all over the gym, and then I had cut out a ton of triangle and hung string down each side of the track where everyone colored and made flags to add to the track. Kalun also made a certificate and came up with 25 awards. He had this huge bracket so each boy raced at least twice. We even had a little intermission where we served homemade rootbeer floats while all of the leaders hurried to designate prizes to each boy. It was so much work and I don't think anyone will truely know or appreciate how much time we put in to this derby, but it seemed to be a huge success. Of course we lost Addison a couple of times because we were each so busy trying to do our parts. One time was actually really scary as she had followed some kids outside. It has been quite a challenge having both of us serve together, this is not the first time Addison has been "misplaced" at a pack meeting and the rate we are going I'm sure it won't be the last.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Wow! They are all having so much fun. It's amazing all the work you guys put into the derby.
I love the pics of Haylie at gymnastics. When I saw that pic I was reminded of watching you do gymnastics.
Love the first day of school pics.
Good work. You are going to be a pro scouter soon. You may never be released...
I've long recommended that people seeking to have a very good understanding of this specific topic spread their research across several blogs so as not to deal with wrong information. You have provided so many areas for people like me to start with. But this can be puzzling for some. Let's take into account the only real enemy here's not being focused. This will happen to some. So my advice is: Stay focused. Thank you
Please visit http://clippingpathsource.com/ to know more about Photoshop clipping path.
Post a Comment