Saturday, April 25, 2009

Haylie Discovers Dirt

I have been so anxious for spring to come. With the nice weather this week we spent a lot of time outside. We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, and all got sunburned, oops! I didn't realize it was that warm. But, now that spring is starting to arrive, I realize I really don't know if I like spring. My allergies have been horrible this last week. Then my kids love to play outside, which is great except that all the kids in the neighborhood are obsessed with dirt and sand. I hate dirt and sand. I hate cleaning my kids and house after they've played in it. However, I've been trying really hard to be a better mom and try to quit worrying so much about things being/or getting dirty and relaxing and letting the kids have fun. Well, I relaxed Tate and Haylie played in the dirt for over an hour with the neighbors. By the time we went inside I decided I still hate dirt! It took almost a half hour of head scrubbing to get the dirt out of Haylie's hair, it was just embedded. Then I had to do the same for Tate. Of course then I had to scrub my bathtub which is supposed to be white and had since turned brown. Anyway, after all was said and done I have realized next time I would rather be the not fun mom and not let my kids play in the dirt.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I completely agree! It is not fun cleaning up after kids every day with such big messes. You're daughter looks fun in the picture! I am not excited to give baths almost every day this summer which is inevitable with the dirt and sunscreen!

Chastina said...

I can be the same way. I still like things to be clean, but I've started trying to ignore some of the messes.