Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Itty Bitty Ball Time Again

We have been loving having Tate participate in itty ball every couple of months. This time around it incorporates 5 sports instead of just 1. The first day was baseball. He hasn't played baseball before, but he did really good.

The next day was basketball. Tate didn't like basketball much when he did it before so I was nervous he wouldn't do it. But, he got right in and remembered some of the things they had done and played well. This is Tate and his buddy Tanner trying to play defense.
The next day was football. This was Tate's favorite itty bitty sport so far. So he was really excited to do it again. They rotate through stations practicing and learning, then they scrimage at the end. The best part was the scrimage. My friend Laura's little boy was soooo funny. They were scrimaging, they took turns getting the ball and had to run to the goal line and try not to have their flags taken off by the other team. So it was Logan's turn to run with the ball, instantly this kid swarms him trying to get his flag. Well bless Logan's heart he was not going to let this kid take his flag so he stops and just starts hitting him. It was so funny!!! So for those of you who know Laura you'll have to watch her blog because she was videoing the whole thing and I'm sure she'll post it soon.



The next classes are soccer, volleyball, and a game day so I'm sure I'll have more pictures later.

5 comments:

Camie said...

Wow, that's exactly how I play b-ball. Stand there with my arms in the air hoping someone doesn't knock me down in the porcess.

Laura said...

I guess I better get that video posted now. Although now I'm a little hesitant because I showed it to Matthew and he didn't quite laugh as much as I did. He was a little upset that I would laugh at Logan being so mean, but I tried to tell him that he wasn't being mean, he was just trying to defend his "flag" (or whatever)! Thanks for talking me into IBB. Even though it was kind of bad timing with everything going on with our basement, I've still had so much fun. Oh, and I think Logan is having fun too! ;)

Chastina said...

That sounds like so much fun! It looks like Tate is loving it.

Avry said...

The little kids are the funniest to watch! I love watching them try to figure it all out. Looks like he is having fun at it! :)

Harrisons said...

I love it. He's so cute!