Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Polar Express

There is a place in Lindon that does kind of their own version of the polar express. I don't think me trying to explain it will do it justice, but I'll try anyway. There is a family that owns a ton of land and all built their houses on it. They built a little train track going around all of their properties. Then they built a train that holds around 15-20 people. While you wait for your train you sit in this huge work garage and watch the Polar Express. Then you load on the train and it takes you on a little ride with lots of christmas lights playing music from the polar express. You arrive at Santa's Workshop and get to go in and sit on Santa's lap. He then gives all the kids a bell and you sing a couple carols with him. Then, and this is why I love it so much, Santa talks briefly about the real meaning of Christmas. You then reboard the train and go on a ride to beautiful Christ centered christmas Hymns while passing huge beautiful paintings depicting Christs' birth. It is very touching. This family does this as a service. It is completely free. They usually have some kind of charity at the end if you want to donate. Anyway, the kids loved it and so did Kalun and I. What an awesome thing it is to have santa talk about the real meaning of Christmas. And what truely amazing people to donate all their time to this wonderful thing every Christmas.

4 comments:

CMTASK said...

Cute pics, too bad we missed it this year, but I am too chicken to take all 4 kids all by myself, glad you guys had fun!

Curley Family said...

It was so much fun. Glad we were able to go and see each other. Your kids are such cuties.

Laura said...

I love this! We are so joining you next year! Why were we not informed this year???

Rogers Family said...

That is really, really, neat! We have never been to anything like that, but I would love to take my kids to have this kind of experience. You'll have to let us know if they are doing it again next year.